Information about Student Financial Assistance

For School of Law and Health Systems students: please contact your respective Financial Aid Office.

All other students: information is available on the following webpages



Study Abroad

If you participate in a study abroad program that is approved for credit by the university, your enrollment may be considered enrollment at UC Davis for the purpose of applying for assistance under the Federal Student Aid programs. For information on study abroad visit the Study Abroad Center website.

Student Loan Code of Conduct

The university adheres to the University of California Code of Conduct in Regard to Preferred Lender Arrangements.

Terms/Conditions of Employment Provided as Financial Aid (Work-Study)

Visit our Student Employment information page for additional information about on-campus employment.

Loan Entrance and Exit Counseling Requirement

Students must complete an on-line entrance counseling before receiving a Federal Direct Loan. Federal Direct Loan and Federal Perkins lon borrowers must complete exit counseling after ceading enrollment or dropped below half-time enrollment (6 or fewer units). Details on Direct Loan extrance counseling are available at Details on Perkins exit counseling are available at Financial  CounselorTM

Tax Credit and Benefits

Depending on your eligibility you may be able to claim educational tax credits:

  • The campus will send you a 1098-T form which includes expenses paid to UC in “qualified expenses” (mainly required tuition and fees) and also how much gift aid students received in the past year. If you need an additional copy or wish to view your 1098-T information, students can go online at or call Tax Credit Relief Service (TCRS) at 1-877-467-3821. For additional information regarding the 1098-T please contact the UC Davis Student Accounting Office.
  • Learn about Tax Benefits for Education through the IRS.