Emil M. Mrak Student Loan Program
Emil M. Mrak Application Closed
The Emil M. Mrak Program is no longer accepting new applications as of November 25, 2015. For any questions or concerns regarding other available loan options, please refer to our loan section.
The Emil Mrak Loan Program is an excellent opportunity for College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences students who may need additional financial aid. This program offers a favorable repayment plan and an interest rate of 3% which is lower than most federal or private loan programs. To be eligible, students must:
- Be a sophomore or greater in select majors within the College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences, or a graduate student in an agricultural-related field of study;
- Be currently enrolled, have a GPA of 2.5 or higher, and be in good academic standing;
- Plan to pursue a career that will contribute to agricultural industries;
- Be a U.S. citizen or a legal permanent resident; and,
- Have a current Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on file
Interested students can apply by using the Emil Mrak Loan Application. Before you begin, please refer to our disclosure for students with an institutional loan included in their financial aid award.
Emil Mrak Loan Limits
There are limits on the maximum amount you are eligible to receive each academic year (annual loan limit) and in total. The cumulative amount that a student can borrow through the years is called the aggregate loan limit. The school will determine the annual amount you can borrow each year, which is based on need, and may be less than the maximum amounts shown below.
Annual Loan Limit: $10,000
Aggregate Loan Limit: $25,000
Submit your completed application and statement to the Financial Aid Office; please make certain your full name and Student ID are included on each page. We will contact you regarding the outcome once the information has been reviewed by our staff. If approved, we will process an Emil Mrak Loan (3%) offer for you to accept on MyAwards.
The loan application will remain accessible as long as funds are available. Click on Important Dates to review loan processing deadlines. The Emil Mrak Loan program is not available during the summer.