Financial Aid Information for Parents of Undergraduates
As parents of college students, it's important to be informed about financial aid so that you and your student can make good financial choices about college funding. Applying for financial aid is easy with the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) available online at fafsa.ed.gov. If your student is not eligible to apply for the FAFSA, have them complete a California Dream Act Application at dream.csac.ca.gov. The priority-filing period for both applications is January 1 through March 2 each year, and it's free to apply. Be sure to list UC Davis, school code 001313 on the FAFSA and Dream Act Application. We've put together some information and links to other resources for you based on the many questions we receive from parents about financial aid.
- Assistance In Challenging Economic Times
- Definition of a "Parent" for Financial Aid
- Parent Brochure: Financial Aid + You
- Income Tax Questions
- Electronic Master Promissory Note (eMPN) for Direct Loans
- Obtaining a Personal Identification Number (PIN) for Electronic Signatures
- Assisting Undergraduates With Unmet Need
- Financial Aid Options for Non-California Residents
- Federal Direct PLUS Loan Request Form Available Online
- Special Programs
- UC Davis Net Price Calculator
- Electronic Billing (eBill) at UC Davis
- What is SISWEB (UC Davis Online Student Information System)?
- Maintaining Eligibility for Financial Aid: