UC Davis Aggie Grant Plan
What is the Aggie Grant Plan?
The Aggie Grant Plan is a financial aid program created specifically for students from middle-income families. Our campus strongly believes in providing access to higher education for all students, and recognizes that middle-income families need additional financial support.
Similar to the UC Blue and Gold Opportunity Plan, the Aggie Grant Plan ensures that qualifying UC Davis students will receive an appropriate amount of grant and/or scholarship funding. Beginning in 2013-2014, eligible students with family incomes between $80,000 and $120,000 will have at least 25% of their systemwide - or base - tuition and fees covered by gift aid. Currently for 2013-2014, this equates to $3,048. If you qualify, as part of your Financial Aid package you will be awarded enough Federal, State, University and/or private grants/scholarships to cover this amount. However, it is important to note that no student will receive more grant and scholarship support than their calculated financial need. Base tuition and fees are subject to change; any revisions to the tuition and/or fee amounts will affect the Aggie Grant award amount as well.
You will not see a “Aggie Grant” award on MyAwards on your initial package. These awards will be calculated in the fall and will be added to your award package after the initial packaging is done. If you receive additional gift aid from an outside source after the Aggie Grant Plan has been added to your awards, your award package may be reduced.
How do I apply?
To apply file your FAFSA or Dream Act Application by March 2 of each year.
How do I qualify and maintain eligibility?
To qualify and maintain eligibility you will need to meet the following criteria:
- An Undergraduate in your first 4 years of UC attendance (first 2 for transfers)
- A California resident or qualify for a nonresident tuition exemption under AB 540
- Your family earns from $80,000 to $120,000
- Your parent’s assets (excluding personal residence) are less than $200,000
- Your Expected Family Contribution (EFC) is less than your Estimated Cost of Attendance
- Be enrolled in at least 6 units (half-time)
- Meet UC Davis Satisfactory Academic Progress Standards
- Come visit us at: 1100 Dutton Hall
- Give us a call: 530-752-2390
- Send us a message