Noyce Repayable Scholarship
The Robert Noyce Repayable Teacher Scholarship Program
- Established by the National Science Foundation Authorization Act of 2002 to respond to the critical need for K-12 teachers STEM Teachers. UC Davis participation period November 2011 – July 2018.
- Must be a US Citizen, national, or permanent resident
- Scholars applications submitted to UC Davis MAST program
- Interest begins to accrue upon expiration of the Grace Period at an annual rate of 6.8% on the unpaid principal balance.
- The Repayable Scholarship is a loan with forgiveness provisions and becomes repayable if the recipient:
- Fails to satisfy the academic requirements of the program for which the funds were awarded, or
- Fails to complete the service requirement of the program.
- Qualified Teaching Service must be completed within eight (8) years after completing the program for which the funding was awarded and must be performed in a “high need local education agency”. Contact MAST for more information about a qualifying school.
- Undergraduate NOYCE recipients that attend a non-UC Davis credential program: eight years begins upon separation from the UC Davis campus.
- Subject to postponement and cancellation provisions as outlined in the promissory note. Visit Heartland ECSI to access and submit the postponement and cancellation forms. Contact Student Accounting Collections Team if you have issues with postponement and cancellation submissions.