This information is subject to change. Please check back often for updates. For questions relating to how the COVID-19 pandemic may affect your financial aid, please see COVID-19 FAQs.
- Do I need to complete two financial aid applications (FAFSA or California Dream Act Application)?
- Yes, to receive summer aid please complete the 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Financial Aid (FAFSA) or California Dream Act Application. For fall aid please complete the 2020-21 FAFSA or California Dream Act Application.
- I was selected for Verification. What does this mean and where can I find more information?
- If selected for Verification, the Financial Aid and Scholarships Office may request additional documents to verify the information submitted on your FAFSA or Califonia Dream Act Application. We cannot disburse financial aid until all verification and documentation requirements are complete. You can find the requested documents on the Requirements tab of your MyAwards. Once there, click on each requirement and you will be directed to where you can complete the requirement. For summer Verification, you will need to provide financial information for 2017. For Academic Year Verification (2020-21), you will need to provide financial information for 2018. Please be sure to complete all incomplete summer requirements in your MyAwards to prevent a delay in your financial aid disbursement.
- I heard my summer fees will be covered by financial aid, is this true?
- Yes. Your summer fees will be covered by a combination of University grant, STEP grant, and Pell grant funding. The type of grants you will receive will be determined by your eligibility; however, your STEP program fees will be fully covered. Please be sure to complete all incomplete summer requirements in your MyAwards to prevent a delay in your financial aid disbursement.
- What is Academic Participation and do I need to complete it?
- Each term, all students are required to acknowledge the Code of Academic Conduct for each registered course. Beginning on the first day of instruction my.ucdavis.edu will notify students online and through email to participate in keeping UC Davis a fair and honest community. This must be completed within the first two weeks of the session/quarter in order to keep your financial aid eligibility. If it is not completed, your financial aid will be canceled.
- Are there any important upcoming dates that I need to know?
- Yes, there are some dates to keep in mind over the next few months:
Important Summer Dates:
Jun 22: Summer bills available on MyBill (session 2)
Jul 15: Fee Payment Deadline
Jul 26: Financial Aid Disbursement
Aug 3: Instruction Begins (session 2)
Important Academic Year Dates:
Jul 15: Document deadline for fall aid
Sep 15: Fall Fee Payment Deadline
Sep 28: Financial Aid Disbursement
Oct 1: FAFSA, California Dream Act Application, and Scholarship applications open for 2021-22
Jan 11: Deadline to submit Scholarship Application for 2021-22 for all University scholarships
Oct 1–Mar 2: Submit FASFA or California Dream Act Application for 2021-22
- Is there a STEP contact within the Financial Aid and Scholarships Office?
- Yes, Jamila Brown is the STEP Program Manager within the Financial Aid and Scholarships Office. You can contact her by email during this time at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Currently, staff are answering phones and email. We may be reached by phone or email through Contact Us.
- More Financial Aid and Scholarships FAQs
- For more COVID-19 updates, see the latest COVID-19 campus information.
- Our front desk is currently closed until further notice. Please allow for extended response times.