As a third year, things should start getting exciting. You have the freedom to focus more specifically on your chosen field of study as well as continue to pursue other areas of interest. Now is the time to start looking for opportunities to increase your leadership skills and hands-on learning that will help you stand out as an applicant. Challenge yourself by:
- Meeting with your faculty advisor to discuss writing an honors thesis
- Attending regional, national or international conferences in your field
- Continuing to explore opportunities to study abroad, participate in the UC Washington Program, the UC Center Sacramento program, internship programs to enhance your resume, and present your research at the URC, other conferences, or by publishing.
- Exploring the Amgen, Beckman, NSF REU, and PUF programs to support your research.
- Looking at fourth year application opportunities. Identify the programs you would like to apply for and become familiar with the application components.
- Scheduling an appointment with the prestigious scholarships advisor to discuss fourth year scholarships. Fourth year applications require extensive work at the end of the third year and throughout the summer.
Prestigious scholarships you can apply for:
Planning for next year:
You should be thinking about what your next steps are after you earn your degree. Many of the fourth year applications require extensive work. You will need begin your application at the end of the third year. Once you decide which opportunity is right for you, make an appointment with the prestigious scholarship advisor to discuss your application.