Study Abroad and Summer Abroad
The safety and well-being of students is our first priority. UC Davis has been monitoring situations related to Coronavirus or COVID-19 on campus and around the world, including in countries in which Study Abroad programs are offered with special attention on how local circumstances and responses abroad may impact our ability to effectively operate programs and ensure the safety of students.
Based on guidance from the University of California system restricting travel, from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)’s recent Global Level 2 Travel Notice, additional guidance from the U.S. State Department, and World Health Organization (WHO), and assessments from campus leadership, workgroups, and subject matter experts, UC Davis has decided to suspend all international and U.S.-based Study Abroad programs through summer (including Spring Seminars Abroad, Spring Quarter Abroad, Summer Abroad, Summer Abroad Internships). For information about how your financial aid will be impacted please see below:
- Study Abroad
- For students who were enrolled in Spring Abroad programs, your financial aid packages are being revised to a standard UC Davis package in the case that you would like to attend Spring Quarter 2020. For more information about Study Abroad, please click here.
- Summer Abroad
- For students who were enrolled in UC Davis Summer Abroad programs, you will not be packaged as programs have been canceled. If you are enrolled in another UC abroad program, please contact that UC specifically to see if your program has been canceled.
UCEAP has suspended programs in countries where the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has issued a travel health notice warning – Level 3: Avoid Nonessential Travel. Restrictions for travel from Europe to the United States do not apply to American citizens and US permanent residents studying abroad. For information about which programs have been suspended, please click here. For information about how your financial aid will be impacted, please see below:
- My UCEAP program has already started
- For students whose UCEAP programs were canceled after the start date, your financial aid package is currently being re-evaluated on a case-by-case basis. If you have any questions and/or concerns, you can contact Pauline Moreno.
- MY UCEAP program was canceled
- For students whose UCEAP program has been canceled, we are in the process of revising your financial aid package to a standard UC Davis package in the case that you would like to attend Spring 2020.