Newly admitted freshman and transfer students for Fall 2019 (pre-matriculates) must meet the following criteria to be eligible for financial aid:
- Submit your Statement of Intent to Register.
- Submit a Statement of Legal Residence.
- University Policy requires all students to submit a Statement of Legal Residence (SLR), which is used to determine tuition charges. Campus residence determinations may also impact financial aid. Visit the Office of the University Registrar’s website for more information about the Statement of Legal Residence
- File a 2018-2019 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or California Dream Act Application. Please see our Apply webpage for details on the application process.
- Submit your online Summer Sessions Application with Office of Undergraduate Education.
- Once you have registered in summer courses apply for Summer Financial Aid online or submit a paper Summer Financial Aid Application.
- Students are required to attend Fall 2019 in order to keep their summer financial aid. Failure to do so will result in cancellation of all summer financial aid awarded, which could result in a bill.
- For additional information regarding the application process and eligibility requirements, please refer to Summer Financial Aid Process and Maintaining Financial Aid Eligibility sections.
- For more information regarding how changes may affect your aid, please visit our Consumer section.