Important Updates

  • The 2024-25 FAFSA and CADAA applications will open in December 2023. Visit FAFSA Simplification for details.
  • UC Davis students who are victims of the Maui Fires may be eligible for funding. Visit Basic Needs for details.
  • If you have been selected for verification, please complete the requirements as soon as possible. For details, visit Verification.
  • For California Middle Class Scholarship updates, please visit MCS.

Work Study Documents

Forms and Requests

Work-Study Eligibility Form Request (online)

This form is used by UC Davis Employers to request the Work-Study Service Channel Form for undergraduate and graduate students.

For undergraduate students, provide:

  • Student’s Name
  • Student ID Number
  • Student's Email
  • Job ID Number
  • Title Code
  • Pay Rate
  • Department Information

For graduate students, provide:

  • Student's Name
  • Student ID Number
  • Student's Email
  • Job ID Number
  • Title Code
  • Department Information
  • Quarter/Unit Information
  • Other Awards, if applicable

Requestors will receive an email confirmation after a request has been submitted to our office.

Undergraduate students' bi-weekly time records are processed through TRS.

Graduate students' hours need to be recorded on the Graduate Work-Study Monthly Time Record and submitted monthly to the Work-Study Manager.

Policies and Procedures

Work-Study Guidelines (pdf)
The Work-Study Guidelines provide information on allowable uses of Work-Study at UC Davis. These guidelines meet the funding requirements set forth by the U.S. Department of Education.

Guidance for Employers hiring DACA students

On June 15, 2012, the Secretary of Homeland Security announced that certain people who came to the United States as children and meet several key guidelines may request consideration of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (deferred action) and are eligible to apply for work authorization. Individuals whose cases are deferred and who are granted work authorization will be issued an Employment Authorization Document (EAD).

Please visit the Internship and Career Center website for information on employment-related Recruiting Policies.