Establishing a Work-Study Agreement and Work-Study Application
In order to participate in this program, the University and the organization must enter into a Work-Study Program Agreement. If the organization meets the qualifications stated on the Non-UC Davis Employer page and is interested in being considered for this program, a Work-Study Application must be submitted. For more information on how to start a contract to employ Work-Study students, contact the Work-Study Manager by phone at 530-752-2294 or via email.
- When the contract has been approved by the Work-Study Manager, employers can begin posting their job on the Internship and Career Center website at Handshake. Employers can request Work-Study on behalf of a student using the online request form.
- A wage rate must be indicated in the job posting. The University does not dictate wage rates. Hourly rates should be set according to minimum wage laws, skills, and abilities needed to perform the job and comparable wages to other non-Work-Study employees in the same position. Employers must at least pay Work-Study employees the higher of any applicable federal, state, or local minimum wage. The Work-Study Manager may contact you to discuss wage rates that are not comparable to similar positions.
- The hiring process is to be completed before, or on the day of the first day of employment.
- Once the Work-Study Manager receives approval that the student's purchase order has been processed, an invoice template will be created and emailed to the employer.
- In order to be reimbursed for Work-Study hourly wages, an invoice, timesheet, and pay stub must be submitted to the Work-Study Manager.