Disbursement and Direct Deposit
Requirements to receive my Financial Aid
- Check your “Actions Required” on MyAwards and submit all required documentation to the Financial Aid Office.
- Meet the policies and conditions for receiving aid as outlined in the Rights and Responsibilities
- Enroll in a minimum of 12 units (including workload units)? Wait-listed course units do not count as enrolled
Pell Grant and Cal Grant disburse each quarter based on enrolled units.
|Enrollment Status||Units||% Disburse|
|Less than Half-time||Less than 6||zero|
|Full-time||12 or more||100%|
Paying my fees/Fee Deadlines
Each quarter, prior to the payment deadline, all authorized aid for the term will be credited to your UC Davis account to pay your outstanding charges to the University (i.e., Registration Fees, Housing, etc...) This will appear as Estimated Financial Aid and will pay your outstanding balance. You can view your current balance and previous billing statements online at mybill.ucdavis.edu.
For the most current outstanding balance, check MyAwards. Click on the Check Current Balance button at the bottom of the page.
- If there is a balance due after your Estimated Financial Aid has been posted, you are responsible for paying the amount prior to the payment deadline.
- If fees are not paid by the applicable fee deadline, for details on the Undergraduate and Graduate drop for non-payment process please visit registrar.ucdavis.edu/tuition/non-payment.cfm.
|Fall Quarter/Semester||September 15|
|Winter Quarter||December 15|
|Spring Semester||January 15|
|Spring Quarter||March 15|
|Summer Session I/Special Session||June 15|
|Summer Session II||July 15|
After Financial Aid is credited to your account:
- If your Estimated Financial Aid is more than the balance due on your account, the difference will be issued to you as a refund, as long as your status remains the same.
Refund Pick-up Deadline
Students taking no action to pick up their refund within the 21 day time limit risk forfeiture of their Federal financial aid.
UC Davis provides the following options from which students may choose:
- Recommended: Direct Deposit
Direct Desposit is the preferred method by which UC Davis students receive their financial aid refunds. To sign up, please visit directdeposit.ucdavis.edu.
- UC Davis also offers VISA debit cards (aka TotalPay Cards) to which financial aid funds may be credited. To sign up, please visit studentaccounting.ucdavis.edu.
- Stop by the Student Accounting Office at 2100 Dutton Hall at the beginning of each quarter to pick up your payment.