The financial needs and lifestyle demands of UC Davis graduate students are very different from those of undergraduates. The Financial Aid Office recognizes those differences and works to provide services that are specific to graduate student needs.
Graduate Financial Aid staff can assist with determining eligibility and awarding federal, state, and University need-based aid to graduate students. For information about financial aid at the various graduate and professional schools at UC Davis, please refer to our Professional Schools webpage.
Annnouncements and Updates:
- The priority Financial Aid Application timeline for 2013-2014 is January 1 – March 2, 2013. Although you may apply for financial aid through June 30, 2014, funding may vary after March 2; applications are processed year round for all students. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at fafsa.ed.gov. Because financial need for a variety of programs can be determined using information from the FAFSA, we highly recommend that all graduate students complete the FAFSA. For more information, visit the Graduate Financial Aid Web site at: financialaid.ucdavis.edu/graduate/apply/Apply.html.
- 2013-2014 Financial Aid award notices are being posted throughout summer. Students will be notified by email to visit MyAwards when awards are available for viewing. Be sure to review the Important Reminder from Graduate Studies about the Social Security Number requirements to ensure we can match your FAFSA information with your student admission status at UC Davis.
- Maintaining Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP): Please refer to our SAP Standards webpage.
- Graduate students who currently have an unpaid prior-year account balance at UC Davis will be notified by email to resolve the debt as soon as possible. Students should check MyBill to determine their current account balances with the University. Please visit our Prior-Year Debt webpage for more information and for access to the online form.
- Important Reminder from Graduate Studies About Social Security Number Requirements
- Short-Term and Emergency Loans are available Fall, Winter, and Spring quarters only. Current enrollment is required.
- Financial Aid and Alternative Loans are not available for Graduate Students during the summer.
- Deferment Requests: Graduate students can submit Deferment requests to the Registrar’s Office located at 12 Mrak Hall. Documents can be faxed to (530) 752-6906 and the form must include your Student ID.
- Questions about taxes and financial aid? Visit the Student Accounting website at studentaccounting.ucdavis.edu/taxes/index.cfm for links to resources and access to obtain your 1098-T form.
- Graduate students are required to participate in Exit Loan Counseling upon graduation or program completion or ceasing enrollment. Students who have received Federal Direct Loans can complete the online loan counseling session at StudentLoans.gov. Students who have Federal Perkins Loans, HPSL, or any other University Loans, should visit the Student Accounting website to complete Exit Loan Counseling.
- To ensure that funds can be processed in time to award before the end of the academic year, the last day to apply for or accept loans for the 2013-2014 Academic Year is May 15, 2014.