Fulbright US-UK Summer Institutes
Dates and Deadlines
Scholarship application deadline:
February 23, 2017 - AIFS Shakespeare, Bristol, Scotland Programs (both), Sussex
February 26, 2017 - Durham, Exeter, Queen’s University Belfast, SOAS, Westminster
Award recipients receive round trip airfare from the US to the UK, tuition and fees at one of ten designated UK programs at host universities/institutes, accommodation and meals and a small daily allowance. Funding provides for recipients to partake in a 3-4 week program focusing on a specific theme at one of the following 2017 participating programs:
- AIFS Summer Institute and Shakespeare’s Globe
- Durham University
- Queen’s University Belfast
- SOAS (University of London)
- Scotland Summer Institute: Identity, Society, and the New Enlightenment (University of Dundee)
- Scotland Summer Institute: Technology, Innovation, and Creativity (University of Strathclyde and Glasgow School of Art)
- University of Bristol
- University of Exeter
- University of Sussex
- University of Westminster (London)
- Applicants must have at least two years of undergraduate study upon their return
- Be at least 18 before the departure date of the program
- Minimum of 3.7 GPA
- US Citizen (hold a US passport)
The Fulbright Commission seeks students who are academically excellent and have a focused application, a range of extracurricular and community activities, demonstrated ambassadorial skills, a desire to further the Fulbright program, and a plan to give back to the US upon returning.
Students interested in applying need to submit a completed Applicant Profile to the Undergraduate and Prestigious Scholarships office at email@example.com. Our office will work with each applicant to modify and strengthen the application to prepare it for submission.
Applicants may select only one summer institute for their application and should carefully review the application deadline as there are two different deadlines depending on the institute selected. Applicants should carefully read the application instructions, work on their application using the word template, then submit the electronic application when the final version is ready (please note that you will not be able to save your electronic application or edit it once it has been submitted).