Important Updates

Types of Financial Aid

Need-based aid is determined through filing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or the California Dream Act Application. We strongly recommend researching all possible funding options in order to minimize loans and maximize any available grants or scholarships by contacting your respective department.

Admitted and continuing students may log in to their MyAwards to review the types of aid that may be included in their financial aid package available in:

  • Teaching Credential Program - April
  • Master in Education - August
  • CANDEL Program - August
  • All other Education Programs - June

Tuition Assistance Programs

  • Native American Opportunity Plan
    • You are a California student enrolled in a federally recognized Native American, American Indian, and/or Alaska Native tribe.

Emergency and Short-Term Loan Programs

For students who are experiencing a temporary shortage of funds, the Financial Aid and Scholarships Office administers the UC Davis Emergency, Short-Term, and Assistant Loan Program. Learn More