Parents and young child relaxing outside

Important Updates

  • If you have been selected for verification, the deadline is June 15, 2023.  Please review your email for instructions.
  • For California Middle Class Scholarship updates, please visit MCS.
  • For Biden-Harris Administration’s Student Debt Relief information, please visit Apply for Federal Student Loan Debt Relief.

Student Parent Resources

Child Care Financial Assistance

We understand that not all students fit the typical profile: single, living on or off-campus with roommates to share the rent. Many students have dependent children to support and need assistance with child care expenses. The WorkLife office, in coordination with Financial Aid and Scholarships, offers limited grants to help assist with these expenses. For the Student Parent Child Care Funding Program Application and details please visit WorkLife. For Child Care Access Means Parents in School (CCAMPIS) details and application for free or discounted spots at the on-campus Early Childhood Laboratory, visit Transfer and Reentry Center.

Financial Aid and Scholarships also offer loans to help students who have dependent children and related child care expenses. Applicants with dependent children aged 18 and under, may submit an Alternate Budget Request Form for review. The request form is available online starting October 1 at the beginning of each academic year:

Additional Resources

If you have questions about child care funding, staff members in the WorkLife office can assist you. Contact them by phone at (530) 754-8791 or by email at

We also encourage you to explore these additional resources: