UC Davis students attending summer may be eligible to receive financial aid to assist with costs. UC Davis Financial Aid and Scholarships will begin packaging students for summer 2023 by the end of May. Students will be notified via their UC Davis email once their financial aid package is available.
Limited funds are available for UC Davis undergraduates who:
- Filed a 2022-23 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or California Dream Act Application (CADAA). Application deadline is June 30, 2023.
- Considered a California resident by the Office of the University Registrar for full summer aid consideration
- Or considered a non-resident by the Office of the University Registrar for federal summer aid and limited institutional grant consideration
- Meet other campus basic requirements for aid eligibility (for example, maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress standards, not be in default on student loans, not be in overpayment of a federal grant, etc.)
- Are continuing students who have not graduated or declared to graduate in spring 2023 or earlier
- Are enrolled in a minimum of 6 units total
- Complete Academic Participation in summer courses
AND meet one of the following criteria:
- Considered an active degree-seeking student in the spring quarter 2023 by the Office of the University Registrar
- On an approved Planned Educational Leave Program (PELP) during spring quarter 2023
- Any separation status other than PELP will disqualify the student from summer aid eligibility
- Freshman or transfer student admitted for fall quarter 2023
- Incoming students must complete the action steps listed at Newly Admitted Freshmen and Transfer Students.
Students assessed Non-Residential fees during the academic year will be eligible for limited institutional grant funding. Federal financial aid will be provided to FAFSA filers to help cover summer session costs.
Please note, while graduate students can enroll in undergraduate summer courses, graduate students are not eligible for summer financial aid. For enrollment information, visit Summer Sessions - Apply and Register.
Please note, while both undergraduate and graduate international students can enroll in undergraduate summer courses, international students are not eligible for summer financial aid. For enrollment information, visit Summer Sessions - Apply and Register.