Rhodes Scholars receive the full cost of university tuition and fees, a living expense, and travel to and from the United States for up to three (3) years towards a graduate degree at University of Oxford, England.
- U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident, or a DACA recipient. Citizens of other countries are eligible, but must apply through the country specific processes and timelines.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.7 or greater
- Be a senior and plan to graduate in the current academic year, or a recent graduate.
- Must apply and be accepted into a graduate program at University of Oxford, England.
- Must be 18-23 years old at the application deadline.
Applicants should demonstrate the ability to be a leader in their field and should be most likely to make positive contributions to the world. Applicants should have substantial achievements and excellent academics. Applicants should have five (5), but no more than eight (8), letters of recommendation; at least four (4) must be from faculty. While there is not a specified GPA requirement, competitive applicants should have a GPA worthy of acceptance to a U.S. graduate school.
Applicants should have a desire to study at the University of Oxford, England and should also have a clear sense of what the University of Oxford would gain from their presence at the University. In order to build a competitive application, applicants should research specific programs and professors that would make the strongest fit for academic and career goals.
U.S. Application: rhodesscholar.org
International Application: rhodeshouse.ox.ac.uk/about/rhodes-countries
Candidates must be endorsed by UC Davis for their applications to be considered. Applicants wishing to be considered for endorsement must submit a Pre-Application by May 15th, Additional Information by June 28th, as well as a pdf of the completed online application with all letters of recommendation by August 9th. All documents should be forwarded to prestigious scholarship advisor Scott Palmer at email@example.com. A campus interview will take place in August to determine campus endorsements.