The type of summer funding a student is eligible for is determined by information from a student's 2021-22 FAFSA or California Dream Act Application. Depending on your Expected Family Contribution (EFC), students may be offered a variety of assistance that may be comprised of more than one award type. Factors that may affect financial aid eligibility include income level, enrollment status, grade point average, and aid used during the regular academic year.
Admitted or continuing students must log in to MyAwards to view their aid package and requirements.
Grants are need-based awards that do not need to be repaid as long as the student maintains eligibility. Available summer grants may include:
- Pell Grant
- Disbursement is dependent on enrollment status. Enrollment status is determined by the number of units registered; waitlisted units do not count toward enrollment status. For additional information on Pell disbursement visit Changes in Enrollment.
- Cal Grant
- Cal Grants will be awarded only to graduating seniors with remaining eligibility. Our office will notify these students after eligibility has been confirmed with the California Student Aid Commission.
- Dream Grant
- For California Dream Act applicants.
- Campus Fee Grant
- Summer University Grant
- Awarded when a student has enrolled and academically participated in 6-9.5 units in one or both sessions
- Summer Advantage Grant
- Awarded when a student has enrolled and academically participated in 10+ units total in one or both sessions.
During the summer, students are offered unused loan amounts from the regular academic year. Loans offered may include:
Alternative loans are available during the Summer term. Please review eligibility on our Alternative Loans page.