In keeping with the UC Davis Computer Ownership guidelines, Financial Aid and Scholarships can provide eligible undergraduate and graduate FAFSA filers and undergraduate CA Dream Act Filers at UC Davis with a computer loan for up to $2,500. This loan can be requested once during a student's academic pursuit at UC Davis. The loan request can be submitted as a Cost of Attendance Appeal.
- Submit a copy of the estimate/invoice from the vendor for the computer with the appeal.
- Based on the estimate, Financial Aid and Scholarships will increase your budget by up to $2,500 and award a loan to purchase the computer.
- Funds are disbursed directly to your UC Davis student account.
- Any outstanding balances or debt owed to the University at the time the computer loan is issued will be subtracted from the loan. If there is a remainder, a check or direct deposit will be issued.
- Computers must be purchased during the academic year (September - May).
- Students may request up to $2,500 one time during their enrollment.