Financial Aid Information for Entering Undergraduate Students
Welcome to those of you who have been accepted and plan to attend our campus! We have put together the following information to help you navigate the steps you must take to be sure you have the funding you need to get started. Best wishes, and welcome to UC Davis!
Timeline for Entering Aggies
- Early October: Apply for financial aid by completing the FAFSA or California Dream Act Application. The types and amounts of aid are affected by the date the FAFSA or Dream Act Application was filed. Students who file after March 2 may jeopardize their eligibility for university or state grant funding but will still receive consideration for Pell and low-interest loans. Be sure you have listed the UC Davis School Code 001313 on your FAFSA or Dream Act Application.
- January 1 - March 2: To apply for the Cal Grant, in addition to completing the FAFSA or Dream Act Application, you must also submit the GPA Verification Form to the California Student Aid Commission (CSAC) before March 2.
- Upon Admission Notification: Log into MyAwards to review your aid package. Once you submit your Statement of Intent to Register (SIR) you can begin accepting your awards and completing requirements.
- March - September: The Financial Aid and Scholarships office continues to prepare, post and adjust financial aid awards based on any additional information or resources.
- April: The Undergraduate and Prestigious Scholarships office begins awarding scholarships to recipients who are not required to show financial need. Most initial scholarships to new students are announced prior to May 1. The remaining recognition awards will continue to be announced through August.
- June - July: Check the status of your financial aid at UC Davis online at MyAwards to be sure you have completed all requirements by the June 15 deadline for entering Freshmen, and the July 16 deadline for entering Transfer students. If you are accepting loans, you can begin satisfying your requirements after July 1. Be prepared to meet your expected student and self-help contribution amount listed in MyAwards through outside scholarships, employment and saving throughout the summer.
- August - September: Cal Grant awards for entering freshmen are initially posted as estimates and will be updated in August once the awards are confirmed with CSAC.
- Late August: Billing statements are available online at MyBill. Authorized aid will show for students who have accepted aid and completed their requirements. Any financial aid funds remaining after all university charges have been paid will disburse to the student on the first day of instruction. Students can sign up for Direct Deposit online to have their financial aid refunds deposited directly to their bank accounts. Students with a balance owed will need to make sure they arrange for payment by the September 15 deadline. If necessary, you can consider signing up for the Deferred Payment Plan through Student Accounting.
- September: Welcome to UC Davis! Be sure to enroll in at least 12 units (waitlisted classes do not count) to ensure complete financial aid authorization and disbursement. Confirm that your account in MyBill is paid in full by September 15 to avoid being dropped from your classes and assessed a late fee penalty. For eligible students, the Orientation Grant will be awarded to offset orientation fees. Check our Important Dates webpage regularly to ensure you meet any upcoming deadlines.
- Students who receive financial aid are expected to maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress to remain eligible for financial aid.