You’ve made it through your first year, and now you have a better understanding of your aspirations and goals. It's important to continue building on the work you began in your first year and begin clarifying your goals. Now is the time to:
- Build campus leadership by joining ASUCD, Davis Model United Nations, athletic teams, or student clubs. Consider becoming a Resident Advisor, Orientation Leader, or First-Year Peer Advisor.
- Explore opportunities to study and intern for a quarter in Washington DC through the UC Washington Program, in Sacramento through the UC Center Sacramento, or other internship programs.
- Get involved in research through the Undergraduate Research Center (URC). Research is a great way to get hands-on experience and identify your strengths. Check out the Mentor-Mentee Program in Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Continue to update and refine your resume.
- Schedule an appointment with the prestigious scholarship advisor to discuss career goals, identify suitable scholarships, and develop a plan to strengthen your application.