You’ve made it through your first year, and now you have a better understanding of your aspirations and goals. It's important to build on the work you began in your first year and start clarifying your goals. At this time you should be:
- Building campus leadership by joining ASUCD, Davis Model United Nations, athletic teams, or student clubs. Consider becoming a Resident Advisor, Orientation Leader, or a First-Year Peer Advisor.
- Getting involved with research opportunities by working with the Undergraduate Research Center (URC).
- Exploring opportunities to study and intern for a quarter in Washington DC through the UC Washington Program, in Sacramento through the UC Center Sacramento, or other internship programs.
- Continuing to update and refine your resume.
- Scheduling an appointment with the prestigious scholarships advisor to discuss career goals, identify suitable scholarships, and to develop a plan to strengthen your application.
Prestigious scholarships you can apply for:
Donald A. Strauss, Udall, David L. Boren (NSEP) , William Jefferson Clinton, Critical Language, Barry M. Goldwater, NOAA Ernest F. Hollings, NIH Undergraduate, SMART, Benjamin Gilman scholarships, or Fulbright US-UK Summer Institute.