Andrew Magee, 2014 Goldwater Winner
You’ve made it through your first year, and now you have a better understanding of your aspirations and goals. It's important to continue building on the work you began in your first year and begin clarifying your goals. Now is the time to:
- Continue to build campus involvements and develop leadership through student clubs.
- Plan to present research findings through the Undergraduate Research Center, other conferences, or through publications.
- Continue to update and refine your resume.
- Schedule an appointment with the prestigious scholarships advisor to discuss career goals, identify suitable scholarships, and develop a plan to strengthen your application.
- Explore the Amgen, Beckman, PUF, and NSF REU programs to support your research.
Prestigious scholarships you can apply for:
- Barry M. Goldwater
- NOAA Ernest F. Hollings
- David L. Boren (NSEP) (summer is for STEM applicants only)
- NIH Undergraduate
- Critical Language
- DAAD Rise
- Donald A. Strauss
Planning for next year:
Look at the Barry M. Goldwater, DAAD Rise, Udall, Donald A. Strauss scholarships and decide if you will apply as a third-year student. Goldwater scholars will have a demonstrated record of research involvement and will be working towards a solution for a problem in their field.