The Udall Foundation awards 50 scholarships annually of up to $7,000 each to college sophomores and juniors for leadership, public service, and commitment to issues related to Native American nations or to the environment.
- U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident, or U.S. national
- Be in the second or third year of a four-year program, or second through fourth year of a five-year program
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or greater
- Must be committed to a career related to the environment OR a Native American or Alaska Native student committed to a career in tribal public policy or Native American health care
Applicants should show demonstrated commitment to the environment, to tribal public policy, or to American Indian health care. The courses of study and proposed careers should show that the applicant is likely to make significant contributions in their proposed field. All applicants should show strong leadership, character, desire to make a difference, and general well-roundedness.
Applicants for the Udall Scholarship must be endorsed by UC Davis. To apply, students must submit the following documents to the Undergraduate and Prestigious Scholarships Office at firstname.lastname@example.org by the campus deadline:
- Request to be registered for the online application by contacting email@example.com
- Complete the online application
- Three letters of recommendation – one focused on academics, one focused on service, and one focused on leadership
Applicants who meet the qualifying criteria and submit the above documents will be invited to interview with the campus committee. Only the strongest applications will be nominated.