UC Davis students have the opportunity to attend summer courses at other UC campuses. Along with other UC Davis Summer Financial Aid Eligibility Requirements, students who plan on attending another UC should follow the criteria below for summer financial aid eligibility.
Application and Awarding Process
- Students should register for their desired courses at the other UC campus and include their UC Davis student ID on the application. This allows UC Davis Financial Aid and Scholarships to review enrollment and to award financial aid.
- Students only attending another UC campus can complete and submit a Summer Financial Aid Application online (available in May). For students planning on attending UC Davis and another UC campus during the summer, a paper Summer Financial Aid Application (available in May) is required and can be submitted through Contact An Expert.
- Once UC Davis Financial Aid and Scholarships verifies the student’s enrollment, the student's financial aid will be packaged and the student will be notified via their UC Davis email address. Summer financial aid packaging occurs mid to late May.
- To be eligible for summer aid, students must be enrolled in at least six (6) units during the summer term, which includes Session 1, Session 2, and Special Session. Financial aid is awarded based on all registered units, including waitlisted classes. Students assessed Non-CA Residential fees during the academic year will not be eligible for university institutional financial aid resources. Federal financial aid will be provided to FAFSA filers to help cover summer session costs.
- Financial Aid and Scholarships will verify your progress throughout the summer. If a student plans on withdrawing, attending a different UC, or reducing/increasing units, it is the student’s responsibility to submit a Summer Change in Aid form (available in May) informing Financial Aid and Scholarships of any changes.
Disbursement and Refunds
- Summer financial aid pays towards any charges on the student's UC Davis account before a refund is issued.
- If a student is attending only another UC campus, UC Davis Financial Aid and Scholarships will not disburse directly to the student's account at the other UC campus. It is the student’s responsibility to ensure fees incurred at the other UC campus are paid.
- If a student is attending both UC Davis and another UC campus, the student may receive the entire full refund during the first summer session of enrollment. The student is responsible for managing their refunds and for paying all summer dues.
- Please be advised, waitlisted units do not count toward disbursement.
- If a student's refund will not be available before fees are due at the other UC campus, the student can contact the Summer Sessions office at the other UC to inquire if a payment arrangement can be made.
- For information on disbursement dates, visit the summer sessions master calendar, and Summer Important Dates for refund dates.
- If a student is not enrolled in Direct Deposit with UC Davis Student Accounting, we strongly encourage the student to do so.
- UC Davis students attending other UCs will be required to acknowledge the Code of Academic Conduct and register academic activity for each course. Students will be emailed an Evidence of Academic Activity and Code of Conduct form at the beginning of each session to be completed and returned to Financial Aid and Scholarships.
- Failure to register academic activity for enrolled courses by the deadline published on the form will result in a bill for the term.
- All communications will be sent to the student via their UC Davis email address.