UC Davis students have the opportunity to attend summer courses at other UC campuses. Along with other UC Davis Summer Financial Aid Eligibility Requirements, if you plan on attending another UC please follow the criteria below for summer financial aid eligibility.
Application and Awarding Process
- Register for your courses at the UC you are planning on attending. Please make sure to add your UC Davis student ID to the other UC application otherwise we will not be able to review your enrollment to award financial aid.
- Complete a Summer Financial Aid Application online if you are only attending another UC.
- If you are planning on attending UC Davis and another UC during the summer, submit a paper Summer Financial Aid Application through Contact an Expert.
- Once the UC Davis Financial Aid and Scholarships verifies the student’s enrollment, the student will be packaged and notified via the students UC Davis email address. Summer financial aid packaging will be mid to late May.
- To be eligible for summer aid, students must be enrolled in at least six (6) units during the summer term, which includes Session 1, Session 2 and Special Session. Financial aid is awarded based on all registered units, including waitlisted classes.
- UC Davis students attending other UC’s will be required to acknowledge the Code of Academic Conduct and register academic activity for each course. Students will be emailed to their UC Davis email address an Evidence of Academic Activity and Code of Conduct form at the beginning of each session to complete and return to the Financial Aid and Scholarships office. Failure to register academic activity for enrolled courses by the deadline published on the form will result in a bill for the term.
- Financial Aid and Scholarships will verify your progress throughout the summer. If the student plans on withdrawing, attending a different UC, or reducing/increasing units it is the student’s responsibility to submit a Summer Change in Aid form informing Financial Aid and Scholarships of any changes.
Disbursement and Refunds
- Summer aid pays towards any charges on the students UC Davis account before a refund is issued.
- If the student is only attending another UC, UC Davis Financial Aid and Scholarships will not be paying the students account at the other UC the student is enrolled at. It is the student’s responsibility to ensure fees incurred at the other UC are paid.
- If the student is attending both UC Davis and another UC, you may receive the entire full refund during your first summer session of enrollment. The student is responsible for managing their refunds and paying all summer dues.
- Please be advised, waitlisted units do not count towards disbursement.
- If the students refund is not available before fees are due at the UC they are registered at, contact the Summer Sessions office at the UC the student is attending and request if a payment arrangement can be made.
- Information on disbursement dates visit the summer sessions master calendar and the 2020 Important Summer Dates for refund dates.
- If the student is not enrolled in Direct Deposit with UC Davis Student Accounting, we strongly encourage you to do so.
All communications will be sent to the student via their UC Davis email address.