Prior to the payment deadline, all authorized aid for the term will be credited to the student's UC Davis account. This will appear as Estimated Financial Aid and will apply towards the balance due. Current balances, and previous billing statements, can be viewed online at MyBill.
- Students enrolled in less than six (6) units during Summer Session 1/ Special Sessions are responsible for paying Summer Session 1/ Special Session fees by the deadline. If students are combining units between Session 1/ Special Session and Session 2 to meet the 6-unit requirement, aid will not disburse until Summer Session 2.
- If there is a credit balance after the Estimated Financial Aid is posted, the student may receive a refund based on the Disbursement Schedule noted below.
Paying Tuition and Fees/Deadlines
For each session, prior to the payment deadline, any authorized aid listed on MyBill for the session will be credited to the student's UC Davis account to pay any outstanding charges for the current summer session to the University (i.e., tuition and fees, on-campus housing, etc.). This will appear as Estimated Financial Aid and will pay any outstanding balance for that session. Current balances, and previous billing statements, can be viewed online at MyBill.
- If there is a balance due after the Estimated Financial Aid has been posted, the student is responsible for paying the amount prior to the payment deadline.
- If fees are not paid by the applicable fee deadline, students may be dropped from courses. For details on the Undergraduate drop for non-payment process please visit Summer Sessions Drop for Non-Payment Page (scroll to the middle of the page for non-payment details).
Most financial aid will be credited to students' accounts on the following dates:
- Session 1/Special Session: June 11, 2021
- Session 2: July 23, 2021
The Summer Advantage Grant will be disbursed at a later date. Disbursement is determined by enrolling in 10 or more units total and academically participating. Please see the schedule below.
Financial aid will be credited to students' accounts based on the number of units and session(s) in which they are enrolled. Waitlisted units do not count towards the 6-unit requirement for disbursement.
|Session 1 / Special Units||Session 2 Units||Disbursement Date|
|6 or more||0+||
- Must be enrolled in a minimum of 10 units
- If a student is awarded a Summer Advantage Grant, it will only disburse if the student registers academic participation in at least 10 units by the deadline:
- Session 1: July 12, 2021
- Session 2: August 23, 2021
- If students do not confirm class participation in at least 10 units, the grant will be canceled
- Disbursement is based on the schedule below:
|Session 1 / Special Units||Session 2 Units||Disbursement Date`|
|10 or more||0+||Jul 16-23|
|0-5/5+||5+||Aug 27-Sep 3|
The student is responsible for managing any refund received as well as all expenses while attending summer session(s). A student’s summer refund may be adjusted if the student has a prior balance on their account. The general summer refund will not include the Summer Advantage Grant as this grant is disbursed later on in the summer term. Please see below regarding the Summer Advantage Grant refund dates. Be sure to budget carefully.
General Refund Dates
If a student’s account shows a credit balance after financial aid has been disbursed, the student’s refund may be available on the following dates:
- Session 1/Special Session: June 21, 2021
- Session 2: August 2, 2021
Summer Advantage Grant Refund Dates
If a student is eligible for the Summer Advantage Grant, refunds may be available during the following date ranges:
- Session 1/Special Session: July 16 - 23, 2021
- Session 2: August 27 - September 3, 2021