Summer is considered one term for financial aid purposes. To maintain financial aid eligibility during summer, it is important that you meet the minimum unit requirements. Important factors include:
- To be eligible for summer aid, you must be enrolled in at least six (6) units during the summer term, which includes Session 1, Session 2 and Special Session. Financial aid is awarded based on all registered units, including waitlisted classes.
- For most financial aid to disburse, you must be enrolled in at least 6 units. Waitlisted units do not count toward disbursement. See Billing and Disbursement for details.
- Dropping a course or withdrawing from one or more summer terms may cause your summer financial aid awards to be revised. See Cancelling or Withdrawing for details.
- Please visit our SAP web page to determine how summer enrollment may affect Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Maximum Timeframe and pace calculations,
- Beginning the first day of Summer instruction you are required to acknowledge the Code of Academic Conduct through your MyUCDavis. For more information please visit participate.ucdavis.edu.
- The Summer Advantage Grant will be disbursed in the session in which you have participated in at least 10 units. Visit our Billing and Disbursement web page for more information.