This information is subject to change. Please check back often for updates. For questions relating to how the COVID-19 pandemic may affect your financial aid, please see COVID-19 FAQs.
- I was admitted to UC Davis for the fall, but still cannot see how much financial aid I will be receiving. When will I be able to see my financial aid for my freshman year?
- If you have been admitted but cannot see your financial aid award letter, please confirm that the UC Davis school code (001313) is reflected in your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or California Dream Act Application. You can send us a Student Aid Report (SAR) of your FAFSA/Dream Act Application through Contact An Expert.
- The information submitted on my Free Application of Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or California Dream Act Application no longer reflects my parent(s)’ expected income for the year. Can Financial Aid and Scholarships consider adjusting my Expected Family Contribution due to the loss of a job, medical costs, or the death of one of my parents?
- If your FAFSA or Dream Act application no longer accurately reflects the current year income, UC Davis Financial Aid and Scholarships will consider revisions to financial aid for students who have had significant changes to family financial conditions due to unusual circumstances such as job loss, loss of a family member or medical expenses. For losses directly related to the COVID-19 pandemic, see COVID-19 FAQs and CARES Act FAQs.
To see what your projected award may look like, use the Financial Aid Net Price Calculator accounting for the changes. The 2020-21 Family Contributions Review for Parental and/or Student Contribution form will be available July 1, 2020.
- Once I have accepted my admission to UC Davis, when can I start applying for Federal Loans? (i.e., Federal Subsidized, Federal Unsubsidized, or Federal Parent Plus Loan)
- Please wait to accept and complete any loan requirements on or after July 1 preceding the academic year. Any requirements completed before July 1 will not be applied to a student's account for the upcoming academic year. Please also see FAQs - Loans.
- When will I know if I am eligible for scholarships?
- The Undergraduate and Prestigious Scholarships Office will determine your eligibility based on your UC Application. If eligible, scholarships will be posted to your account during the summer.
- I see incomplete requirements on MyAwards. What should I do?
- If you see a message in your MyAwards stating you have “Incomplete Requirements” due to “Verification Requirements / SAR C”, you can create an account at ucdavis.verifymyfafsa.com. Note: To complete requirements you must wait at least three (3) business days after you submit your Statement of Intent to Register (SIR) to create an account.
- I am an international student, what will my cost be and am I eligible to receive financial assistance?
- Refer to our website for more details on international undergraduate financial aid.
• Currently, staff are answering phones and emails. We may be reached by phone or email through Contact An Expert.
• More Financial Aid and Scholarships FAQs
• For more COVID-19 updates, see the latest COVID-19 campus information.
• Our front desk is currently closed until further notice. Please allow for extended response times.